5 Last-Minute Hacks to Skyrocket Your Holiday E-Commerce Sales
‘Tis the season to be jolly—which means it is the season when shoppers go easy on their pockets. Holiday season is also when all e-commerce sites up the ante of their marketing campaigns. Most retailers would have already planned a two-month-long marketing strategy to get the best out of the holiday season sale. If you do not have a strategy in place to utilize this shopping frenzy season to your advantage, you are not yet late. Check out our last-minute actionable tips to get your campaigns in full swing for this Holiday sales.
1. Send Outstanding Emails
Email marketing has a huge role in boosting sales. Statistics show that 80% of prospects become buyers just through email reminders and newsletters. However, customers are constantly bombarded with such newsletters and reminders. It is therefore important to create a unique and interesting campaign that would entice customers to open and read your newsletters. Here are a few ways to make your emails stand out:
- Personalize your emails – Cater to each customer’s need by sending personalized emails. Give customized offers to products they love, price drop alerts for products abandoned in the cart (cart abandonment emails), or special offers exclusively for selected customers.
- Use attention-grabbing subject lines – “$50 Credited to your cart!” A subject line with such an offer will prompt most shoppers to open the email and check the offer. Strategically using emojis in your subject line can improve open rates, but overusing them can make your email look like spam. Other commonly used email subject lines like “HURRY! Offers Ending in a Few Hours,” ”Prices Slashed Just For Today,” and “Shop before midnight to avail this,” create a sense of urgency.
- Use a countdown timer – You can use a timer to show when your sale will begin or end, keeping customers on their toes.
- Send real-time updates – You can send real-time updates about the deals and exclusive offers while the sales are on. You could also send anticipatory emails to show items that will be up for sale soon.
2. Use the Right PPC Strategies
With the rise in the number of online searches performed every day, selling your products online is all about getting found on Google. For this, you have to position yourself at the top of Google Search Engine Results Page (SERP), which can be achieved through a successful Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaign strategy.
- Use keywords related to the holiday season in your PPC campaign – Make use of keywords related to holidays that shoppers are likely to search for. Increase your SERP relevance by incorporating these keywords in your landing pages. Don’t forget to use negative keywords to your advantage. Adding words like “sold-out” and “out of stock” as negative keywords will prevent your ads from showing when your products have gone out of stock.
- Know your audience – Do not underestimate the importance of targeting the right audience group. To get a positive ROI, you should be able to create campaigns for specific audiences based on their demographics and shopping interests. You can check customer insights in your Google/Facebook ad platforms to get an idea of the kind of customers you want to target. Good customer knowledge can also help in retargeting them with tailor-made ads to ensure conversions.
3. Engage Customers on Social Media
Social media platforms are the best place to engage customers. Frequently posting engaging content helps to register your brand name in the minds of shoppers. Create eye-catching, appealing designs to market your deals and discounts in a unique way. Make use of appropriate and trending hashtags based on your product on Twitter and Instagram and create games that increase awareness and spark customer interest. Also, use poll features on these platforms to get an idea of customer expectations. The comments section can also be used to understand expectations, such as the kind of deals customers are looking forward to. One-minute stories and live videos on Instagram and Facebook are again one of the best ways to grab customer attention.
4. Make Smart Offers
There will be a sea of offers during the holiday season, so it is important to come up with unique ideas to make your deals stand out from the rest. The key is to create deals that provide value for money, tempting shoppers to buy your products rather than merely adding them to the cart.
- Go against traditional deals – Rather than creating traditional deals like “Up to 40% off on all products,” attract customers with deals like “Shop for $100 and get 10% off” or “Unlock a gift card on shopping for $200.” Deals like these are conducive to conversions.
- Utilize cross-selling and upselling – You can offer combined deals for bundled products that complement each other (cross-selling) or prompt customers to purchase high-end versions of the products they are searching for (upselling). Nearly 50% of the shoppers are unsure about the things to buy. You can influence them through such meaningful cross-selling and upselling.
- Consider Last-Minute Shoppers – You can extend holiday deals till mid-January so last-minute shoppers aren’t left out of the campaigns. It is not surprising that a substantial number of people do their shopping at the last minute. You could also encourage them to come back later by giving them free shipping coupons or gift cards. Don’t forget to include keywords like “after holiday sale,” “extended deals,” and so on to target these last-minute customers.
5. Track Your Efforts Simultaneously
Finally, after all these marketing efforts, it is important to keep tracking and measuring your efforts simultaneously to reap maximum profit off your sales strategy
- Easily track your efforts with GA – Google Analytics is an effective tool that gives you many valuable insights, if measured correctly. Set up your goals right away to measure customer activity. Your goals can include sign-ups, PDF downloads, contact form submissions, or actions like watch a video, add to cart, and checkout. If you’re not sure how to go about this, we can help you identify KPIs and set them up for you.
- Make use of campaign tracking – Campaign tracking can be set up easily in GA and is quite effective in measuring the success of your campaigns. Use Campaign URL Builder to add identifiers to the URLs in your emails and newsletters.
- Monitor using real time reports – Keep an eye on real-time reports to know stats such as what is happening in your store, which are the most visited pages, from which source and from which location the visitors are coming, and so on.
Now that you have the best strategies to start with, what’s stopping you from capitalizing on them? Get things moving with these hacks and reap maximum profit out of this holiday season’s sale.